Thursday 28 June 2007

Thursday Prompts for 6PM & 8PM

Chairs move by themselves, and books

The ferryman lay drunk in his boat

When the heart stumbles

He is conscious only at brief intervals

I did not imagine being bald

Each night eating a little further

An enamel bath

Window frames, pictures

I didn't doubt for a moment you were dead

You could always bring me flowers

Tomcat

What can moonlight do?

An old woman with heavy breasts

A thing to look away from

Immaculate Conception

And wheeled him off

Joe Smith, eight-six-and-a-half

My face catches the wind

Imagine, snapshots of our deaths

I remember the last red rose

The murderer has been patient with his poisons

Their little house has forty rooms

Seventy-nine years in a small box

A groundsheet, a pool of human blood

The trees are careful

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great prompts by the way Alex. Any minute now I'm going to start writing something...

jason jackson said...

well, they're working for me...