Wednesday 10 October 2007

Fresh Prompts

Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Billy Fucking Bremner
Dai K lives at the end of the valley
Eventually it feels like Ireland
GUN
Everyone hates the English (and so they should)
From Wales, the mostly English sector
SPATULA
He said I had a servant's soul and spat into the grate
He seemed like a hollow oak-trunk, covered in ivy
THREE CARDS
I had a coffee, one coffee, with Marilyn Munro
I live in a spelling error
I thought it made me look more working class
It was your lightness that drew me
TURKEY
My father and mother, my brother, my sister
My six year-old said "bomb". They sent an armoured car.
Old damp soaks through the wallpaper
Sewing machine
She makes a quiet breakfast for herself
GONG
She must be from another country
Some say love's a little boy
Three weeks of bad drugs, badass jazz, bad religion
SEVEN
Two fairies skittered behind the bar
We will know who they are by their absence
ROUNDABOUT
What are we waiting for, assembled in the form?
What manner of dying is this?
Where a gunshot scatters acres of birds
Yes, that is the door and behind it they live

No comments: