Friday 7 September 2007

Friday's Prompts, and Stuff

Boot Campers are playing catch-up after the school holidays so have set themselves daily writing targets and daily "writing-before-we-log-on" targets.

I have to log on to post prompts etc but once this is done I disappear until I have written 500 words or a complete flash.


BYE!


Prompts


About two nights ago I found myself with four or five of them


SALT


Now is poised above time


The Hell with the dogwood


SUGAR


Nothing whatever is by love disbarred.


Sherry


All the trees (named flamboyante) are scarlet


Perfume, for a briefest moment


Climbing the style with the girls


Black


Women in light summer dresses


If it was grey


And were we innocent then?


When I'm among a blaze of lights


After a while it seems too goddam silly to eat


With tawdry music and guitars


Ths social life here is limited but odd.


And women dawdling through delights


Pelota is the best ball game I ever saw.


And officers in cocktail bars


The Mood Watch


The Car hire office was closed.


Brown-orange, artificial


Chesepeake

No comments: