Saturday 14 April 2007

Story & Poetry Prompts, Saturday

Sacrament

Six in a sack, drowning, and calling out clichés

No Milk Today. No, One Extra!

Hard Disc Issues

My father at the dictionary-stand, touches the page and weeps

Blackened Bread Pudding

And every day do you grow old, and I?

PEAS

After the pantomime, carrying you back to the car

How she would chew her belly-pork

And now I have a dog called Elederly

The Thomases Have a Car!

My eldest sister arrived home that morning

Crying in St Mary's

It was like keeping a puppy in your underpants

SLUT

What did I know of love's austere and lonely offices?

With the cool slick glass between us

I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions

They fuck you up, your mum and dad

My father's old blue cardigan

A night with lions, trying not to move

A spoonful of chocolate tapioca

It has floated away down a dark, mythological river

Nearby, the tractors and the cutters drip oil

No comments: